New Hope has an elected 7-member Borough Council which plays a central role in borough government. Council sets policy, enacts legislation, adopts budgets, controls expenditures, appoints advisory commissions and boards, and hires employees. Council members are elected to four year terms, with either 3 or 4 members up for election every two years.
Council elects a president, vice-president, and president pro tem from its ranks. The president, in cooperation with council, establishes standing committees and makes appointments thereto. These standing committees generally consider all matters pertaining to a particular area of public policy, such as land use regulation, historic preservation, or recreation, and make recommendations to the full council.
- 7 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday of each month
- New Hope Borough Community Room
125 New Street
New Hope, PA 18938
Workshop meetings are held at 4 p.m. on the first Monday of each month in the Community Room. Meeting dates and times are subject to change.
The public is encouraged to attend and to participate fully at all public meetings.
Executive sessions are held prior to the regular meetings at 6 p.m. in the Borough office building at 123 New Street and are not open to the public.
MEETING AGENDA PROCESS:
New Hope Borough Council aims to assure that all agenda items, including subdivision and/or land development plans and HARB Certificate of Appropriates Applications seeking approval at Council meetings do not have any outstanding plan revisions before seeking a decision by the Council of New Hope and require that the following process be followed for any plan approvals:
- All comments listed within the professional and staff review letters which require planrevisions must be addressed on the plans and resubmitted to the Borough prior toappearing before the Borough Council seeking final approval.
- Revised plans shall be submitted with sufficient time for review prior to the Council meeting in order to confirm the required changes have been made.
- All comments listed within the final professional and staff review letters which requireoutside agency approvals are to be addressed prior to appearing before the BoroughCouncil seeking final approval.
- If an approval timeline issue arises regarding MPC Section 508. Approval of Plats,Council may seek an extension or waiver from the applicant, or, alternatively, considertabling or denial of the land development application.
New Hope Borough Council requires that all outside groups, developers, or anyone else who has been added to an upcoming agenda, must provide IN FULL all documentation no later than NOON, ten (10) days prior to the meeting. All items must be sent electronically and failure to provide all complete information will result in removal from the agenda or in the case of land development with a calendar restriction, a recommendation of denial of the project. No new plans or other documents related to the agenda item will be accepted at the public meeting.