New Hope Borough Council, at a public meeting held on June 18, 2013, voted to establish a parking program for employees of nonprofit organizations located in the Borough at the Borough's New Street parking lot. This program became effective July 1, 2013.
Location & Fees
The nonprofit parking program allocates a total of 30 parking spaces (of which a maximum of 15 spaces are reserved for the Bucks County Playhouse) at the New Street parking lot for employees of nonprofit organizations located in the Borough, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m., at a cost of $21 per month. All vehicles must park in the middle parking lot at the New Street lot, which is located across from the entrance to the Police Department. One (1) parking placard will be issued per parking space. An additional $5 charge shall apply for lost, stolen or damaged placards.
Proof of Nonprofit Status
Applicants shall prove the nonprofit status of their employers, as follows.
- An applicant may show that it is a nonprofit organization by any of the following means:
- Proof that the Internal Revenue Service currently recognizes the applicant as an organization to which contributions are tax deductible under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- A statement from a State taxing body or the State attorney general certifying that:
- The organization is a nonprofit organization operating within the State; and
- No part of its net earnings may lawfully benefit any private shareholder or individual
- A certified copy of the applicant's certificate of incorporation or similar document if it clearly establishes the nonprofit status of the applicant; or
- Any item described in paragraphs (b) (1) through (3) of this section if that item applies to a State or national parent organization, together with a statement by the State or parent organization that the applicant is a local nonprofit affiliate.